Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm in labor!!!!

I am in Labor & Delivery! So last night I was having contractions every 10 minutes. This morning I woke up at 6am, and I timed the contractions for an hour, and they were 3-6 minutes apart. I took a warm bath, and then called the answering service at 7am. Luckily my doctor was on call, and she told me to come in to office instead at 830. I cleaned up the kitchen while Speedy took a shower, and off we went. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors but couldn't pick up any of the contractions. Dr. Cohan came in and said you are not having any contractions! She then realized that the monitor was not hooked on right. She put on the monitor the right way and realized my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart! She then checked me and I was 5 cm dilated. She asked me if I was having any pain and I told her no, and sent us away to Labor and Delivery! So we've been here since 10 this morning. I already got pitocin, my epidural and Dr. Cohan broke my water. I am 6 cm at noon, and feeling great. Will write more later!

No comments: