Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Jayden!


Jayden is born 3/3/09

On this day, our baby boy was born 3 years ago! What a true blessing he has been. I am pasting a note I wrote on babycenter board that same day Jayden was born. It was such a sweet memory to go back and re read the experience.
Happy Bitthday sweet boy!

Ok, so my baby arrived today! I couldn't have asked for a better and more beautiful labor and delivery! I started having contractions last night. They were about 10 mintues apart. I went to sleep and woke up about 6am, with contractions about 5 minutes apart. Still no pain, so I thought it was just false alarm. I took a bath, woke up B and then called my doctor. She told me to come into her office about 9am before going to L&D, just in case it was a false alarm. She came in and the machine was not picking up my contractions, so she really thought I wasn't having any. They fixed the belt and then she realized they were 3 minutes apart and when she checked me, I was 5 cm already, 80% effaced! She was shocked I was in no pain!
Off we went to L&D. Things got going quick! I got pitocin started, got an epidural, because I really am a wimp, and my doctor came in at noon and broke my water. About 2pm, she came back and I was about 8cm, with no pain still! His heart rate was dipping, but she said it was because he had already dropped completely.
At 340pm, I started pushing with the nurses. I had no idea what the heck I was doing and running out of breath very quickly! Finally, I got the hang of it, and the nurse called my doctor at 4pm. I pushed for about 10 minutes when my doctor got there, still not feeling any contractions, so they had to tell me when to push, and out he came! I did get an episiotomy and I'm sure I will feel that pain later!
I have always been terrified of L&D. I am so blessed and thank God for such a wonderful experience!
I wish all of you the best of luck with your deliveries and believe you can do anything you put your mind to!

No comments: