Friday, April 27, 2012

Fertility News

We have prayed about it and have decided to go ahead with the Clomid this cycle. My surgery in March went very well. He removed a large fibroid, as big as my uterus! and mild endo. We tried for 1 month and I'm now taking 100 mg of Clomid. My AMH (blood levels are thought to reflect the size of the remaining egg supply - or "ovarian reserve". From Wikipedia) is at 0.86 which is the low range, especially since I'm in my early 30s. The normal range is 1.0 So, my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) wants to give me stronger eggs since I do ovulate on my own. I will have a very monitored cycle, and really debated if we wanted to go ahead and do this. I did not want the stress that infertilty brings and now with all these tests, it really makes it feel real. We trust God is guiding us in this direction and feel peace this is His plan for us. We do not know if this will work for us, but we are choosing to trust by faith and not by sight. 100 mg is a lot to start off with, and I'm hoping the side effects are minimal. The main ones are headaches and hot flashes. It seems that I get hot enought with this Houston heat! My mid cycle scan to see how many follicles my body will make will be May 7th. Looking forward to getting good news!
Love, Katherine

No comments: