Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fertility news: Second round of Clomid

It's been a year since we started to try to conceive baby #2. If God would've told me we would still be trying a year later, I wouldn't have believed Him. It has been a tough journey. But God is so faithful! Our hope is in Him and we trust He is leading us on this journey for His purpose. I am currently on my second round of Clomid 100mg, taken days 3-7 of my cycle. I don't have many side effects (slight headaches and minor hot flashes) but strong ovulation pain. I have a mid cycle scan next Tuesday, June 5th and they will check to see how many mature follicles I have. Last month my follicle on right ovary measured 21mm (which is good!) and my lining was great too. I opted to let my body ovulate on its own and ovulated on cycle day 16, like I usually do. This month, we are thinking of trying an hcg trigger (Ovidrel), to force ovulation and then we will have timed intercourse. I've been reading a lot on AMH (anti-mullerian hormone). My AMH is low, 0.87. Especially low for my age of 32. It makes it getting pregnant a lot harder. I already knew that! So we wait and we pray until God blesses us with another bundle of joy. Katherine

No comments: