Saturday, July 14, 2012

Making cupcakes

I know making cupcakes seems like no big deal at all. Jayden and I have been making cupcakes together for a while now. It has become our thing that we do together. Kind of like a mother and son moment and enjoy spending that time with him. I ordered a cupcake set, with a new mixer, (no, not Kitchen aid, even though I do want one!) and cupcake making things. So, for my mom's birthday yesterday, Jayden and I baked cupcakes. As you will see from the pictures, he loves helping! He talks through the entire time asking questions about what I'm doing. And he loves to say, baking "sodaaa". And he loves sprinkles!
Needless to say, I used a box cake yesterday. I've been trying to make them from scratch lately, but I was running out of time. So, I found a way to fix box cake on Pinterest. Here is the link.
Here is the recipe.
Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix, Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich), Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount, Step 4: Instead of water, use milk. Step 5: Mix well and bake for the time recommended on the box.

They were so good! One thing, watch the time you make cupcakes, as I overcooked them a bit.

No comments: