Monday, December 31, 2012

Pregnancy News: 8 weeks


How far along? 8 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain: Starting weight (today) 113 lbs. I gained the 5 lbs I had lost going through IVF
Maternity clothes? Nope, not yet! I'm sure it will not be long though!
Stretch marks? None. I didn't get any with Jayden. We'll see if the good genes stick with this pregnancy : )
Sleep: I am probably getting 10-12 hours of sleep throughout the day. No joke! I'm exhausted, and I've been off of work!
Best moment this week: The boys ( my son, Jayden and nephew) fighting over who would name the brother. They both think it's one of each, and none of them want to name the sister. LOL
Miss Anything? A glass of wine. I think it's harder at first, but then, I'll get used to it. It's been hard since it's been the holidays.
Movement: None. Just gas. LOL
Food cravings: I did not want anything to do with sweets when I was pregnant with Jayden. Only salty. This pregnancy, I can eat both! I was eating peanut butter and jelly sandwich with plain old potato chips for lunch this week.
Symptoms: Again, the nausea is no where near as bad as when pregnant with Jayden, but when I get it, it's pretty bad. I have not thrown up, yet. When I'm feeling good, I feel great! But when I'm not, I'm miserable. I just remind myself of this journey and realize what a blessing this "miserable" feeling is!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Unless, I'm feeling nauseous, which is not too often, and goes away quickly. Then I can't think about or look at food.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Wedding rings on or off? On. We'll see how long it lasts!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Another ultrasound this week with my RE (reproductive endocrinologist). Then I'll be released to obgyn for first appointment with her on Jan. 14th. Hopefully finding out the gender of the babies by end of January (through bloodwork) and everything being right on track with the health of the babies.
Thanks for reading!
Katherine

2 comments:

amy said...

Awesome! Love the update :) You're so cute and petite! Glad all is going great!!!

Tonya Hill said...

Love this! I am so happy for you guys!