Monday, May 13, 2013

Pregnancy News: 27 weeks

Hi friends,
I am now 27 weeks! Nothing like getting further along in the pregnancy to keep me motivated to keep going. I had an ultrasound on Friday night and was so glad because the hubby (I refer to him as "B" on here) was able to be with me. He makes me more relaxed! We've known we were having a girl and a boy, just didnt know ehere they were. We found out Baby A is baby girl, Ava Elizabeth, and she is vertex, or head down. She weighs about 2 lbs 7 oz and is measuring a couple days ahead. She had me fooled. She is on my left and kicks so hard, I was so sure it was baby boy. But she mostly stays still when being monitored. Except this past Saturday night. She went up so high, the nurses think she pushed and kicked around my stomach. She caused me so much pain, I threw up and had to get an IV to get pain meds. She is feisty like her mama. She kicked the nurse 5 times and caused all that trouble! Great thing I felt so much better on Sunday for Mother's Day. Baby B is Aiden Michael, and he is on my right. He is my mover and shaker. He runs from the monitor and tries to hide as much as he can. He weighs 2 lbs 2 oz and is measuring about a week ahead. My perinatalogist/ MFM, high risk OB, is very pleased at how well I've been doing and hanging in there. She is not a warm and fuzzy doctor, or person for that matter. She is one the best high risk doctors and is known for keeping babies in utero as long as possible. I always say, God always has a great plan. He knew I would need her expertise to keep these beautiful miracles in my womb as long as possible. She also let me take a tour of the floor (on a stretcher) after my u/s. The hubby suggested taking me outside. Gotta love him! She said only around the unit. So I got to see more of this unit that I have in the past month! And yes, today marks exactly one month that I've been here! In a way it has gone by quick!
I celebrated Mother's Day with B and Jayden, my parents, sis, nephew and brother. We had a wonderful time! I truly did feel special on this great day. Most importantly, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have a beautiful and healthy 4 year old son and two precious miracles that are still growing in my womb that call me mommy!  
Thanks for reading,
Katherine 

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

One of my favorite scriptures. It reminds me that things might be hard, but God always makes things work out for good. This is where trusting Him to give you the strength and courage to continue fighting comes in. He blesses those who trust Him!





Some pictures from this past week: Jayden and mommy's hands, Jayden relaxing on my bed (my favorite moments with him), his beautiful art work/ wonderful cards and gifts from family & friends, and beautiful balloons and flowers for Mother's Day

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

Katherine, it was nice hanging out with you today. Had some good laughs but the monitor stayed put. You are in great spirits and handling everything super well. You rock girlie!

Cindy said...

Katherine-thanks for sending the link to your blog. My little boy and I include you and your sweet little babies in our prayers every night. Get some rest as you will need it when your precious babies are born. Especially that little girl! I think she's going to give you a run for your money!!

Take Care,
Cindy Castillo